|** High capacity Toner cartridge (Yellow)
|* Standard capacity Toner cartridge (Yellow)
|** High capacity Toner cartridge (Magenta)
|* Standard capacity Toner cartridge (Magenta)
|** High capacity Toner cartridge (Cyan)
|* Standard capacity Toner cartridge (Cyan)
|** High capacity Toner cartridge (Black)
*Standard capacity = (Up to 1 500 pages) / **High capacity = (Up to 4000 pages)
A) The toner cartridge reaches the end of its service life.
The printer stops printing and displays the following messages on the LCD panel or the window of EPSON Status Monitor 3.
|LCD Panel Message
|Replace Toner uuuu*
||The toner cartridge for the indicated color is empty.|
*The letters C, M, Y, or K appear in this position, indicating the color of the toner to be replaced.
In that case follow the procedure below to change the toner cartridge:
You must follow these steps to replace the toner cartridges:
- Turn the printer on.
- Open Cover A.
- Push up the right lever to unlock the toner cartridge.
- Remove the toner cartridge from the printer.
- Take the new toner cartridge out of its package and gently shake the toner cartridge as shown below.
- Hold the tag and gently pull the toner seal upward and remove it.
- Insert the cartridge all the way until it stops securely with the arrow mark on the top of the toner cartridge facing toward cover A.
TIP: Hold the cartridge in the middle as shown in the picture. Push it gently all the way through the rails. Make sure both sides of the cartridge are inserted at the same time. Keeping some pressure in the middle of cartridge until you hear a ‘click’.
- Push down the right lever to lock the toner cartridge.
- Close Cover A
B) You want to replace a developer cartridge before the end of its service life.
The printer displays the following messages on the LCD panel or the window of EPSON Status Monitor 3.
|LCD Panel Message
|XXXX Toner Low*
||The amount of remaining toner in the toner cartridge(s) is low.|
*C, M, Y, and/or K are indicated for the color of the toner to be replaced. For example, the message Y Toner Low means that the amount of remaining toner in the yellow toner cartridge is low.
- Make sure that Ready or Sleep is displayed in the LCD panel.
- Select Change Toner X (The letters C, M, Y, or K appear in place of X, indicating the colors Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black.) in the Reset Menu on the control panel.
- While the cartridge X you selected above moves to the cartridge replacement position, Please Wait appears on the LCD panel.
- Replace Toner X appears in the LCD panel when the cartridge to be replaced reaches the cartridge replacement position.
- Follow the procedure of case A to change the toner cartridge.